Thursday, August 16, 2007

We are home!

Hi everyone... sorry I have been so bad about posting. I am in awe of other families who keep blogs & post detailed entries every day with pictures. I just found I did not have the energy to do it every day. I will try to post some more while we are home. We arrived home today about 6 pm. It was an incredible homecoming. My mom & dad were with Erik & about 20 other friends & neighbors on our cul-de-sac. They had decorated the front of our house with American Flags, signs & balloons & the older children had drawn welcome home signs & airplanes with chalk on the street. As soon as I saw Erik I lost it. I had been pretty good about not crying during most of this trip but I just lost it when I saw him. It was so good to see him & so good to be home. Our flight went well but Scott only slept a total of 1 hr of a 10 hour flight! It was a very draining flight but overall he was not so bad. He did not scream or cry just a lot of whining as he was tired but just would not sleep. He did great in the car seat though. He went into it no problem & within minutes was sleeping. When we got home he of course woke up & was staring at everyone. We kept him awake until everyone came by & then I put him to sleep in his new room after a bottle. He fell asleep within minutes. About an hr later I smelt a wiff of something in the hallway & went in to find out he had a big BM. He has been having bad BMs since we took him out of the baby home (sorry if this is TMI). It may what is called giardia which is a parasite a lot of kids have from the orphanges or it could be the formula. We will find out next week after we take him to the dr. I have been up since 2 am with jetlag. I am sure I will crash again tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your support & love. It really has helped us through this sometimes diffult journey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Scott! We are sure you will be a Ralph's World fan like your brother.

Jen

CYNDI ~ DELANEY'S MOM said...

Welcome home, Scott! What a nice homecoming! Ha ha! Delaney slept only one hour from Mosocw, too! I know how you felt!! Glad to hear you are all home safe and sound! Congrats to Erik on becoming a big brother! Took us about a week to get over the jetlag!! ENJOY! We are so happy for you guys!
love ~ cyndi and delaney