Saturday, August 11, 2007

First & Second Day with Scott

Friday
Fri morning we first went to the ticket office to try to see if we can change our flights & if Kris/Rich could get coach seats. We were both at a luck. After we finished we picked up the couple form Austria who was adopting a 19 month boy. Before going to the Baby Home we stopped to pick up cakes for the baby home workers & the other couple picked up tons of diapers to donate to the Baby Home. We had left a donation last time which they used to buy blinds in one of the baby rooms. When we got to the Baby home we went into the directors office & we had to take care of some more paper work & we also were given a fund the govt opens to orphans. It was only 10 rubles. For the older kids the amt is donated to the baby home. A few moments later the kids were brought it. Scott started crying right away. The nannies were trying to calm him down to no avail. We had to change him into a diaper & clothes we brought for him. He seems to fit in most of the 18 month clothes but some of the pants are lose. We took a whole bunch of pictures & as we were leaving the main dr told us Scott had not feeling well & gave some medicine to us with all these complicated instructions. There was so much commotion going on when we left it was a little overwhleming. THe russian all seem to talk loud & on top of one another. The dr started to cry as we left the office which naturally made me cry. Scott continued to cry in the car even when I offered him some juice in a bottle. When we got back to the room we fed him right away since it was his lunch time & he totally calmed down. Ed had to leave to go back to Kemerovo City to get the passports. I rocked Scott who proceeded to spit up on me.. not sure if it was too much juice or motion sickness. We was rubbing his eyes a lot & locked tired so I put him in the crib, He cried for a few minutes & I tried to rub his belly & back but he pushed my hand away . I then just stayed next to him & he stared into my eyes like he got he kind of got that I was not leaving & then he fell asleep. He slept for 2 1/2 hrs. And the big shocker was he went on the pottie when he woke up. In Russia they toilet train very young so I figure I would try it. I put him on it when he woke up & he peed right away. I am sure it kind of fluke but we will see. When he woke up I gave him a bottle of formula & then we had to get his passport picture. He loves being outside! We hung out in the room some more & went out to dinner with Kris & her son which actually went very well. Scott had 3 small pieces of bread as I had given him dinner already. He fell asleep right after Ed got him 9 & slept through the night until 7 am.
Saturday
Today we have been taking it easy & staying in the room with Scott mostly as it is raining outside. He already seems to start bonding with us. He has great eye contact with us & seems to look for me when I leave the room & then gives me a big smile when I return. He has been an eating machine. I don;t want to overfeed him that he will get sick but we are feeding him frequently. He has had 2 bottles of formula today & lots of baby food & yogurt & of course cheerios. He seemed really tired already at 10:30 so he took an early nap & slept for 1 1/2. Its now 2:30 & Ed just tried to put him down again as he was rubbing his eyes. I am sure even though we are not doing much its more activity then he is used to. He loves to look out the window & point to trees/cars. We leave tomorrow morning at 5:30 am to go to the airport to catch the flight to Moscow. Hopefully we can get seats together if not I am not so worried now as he seems more comfortable with us. I just hope his ears are ok.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Hi guys-we are thrilled to read that the adoption went through and that Scott is doing well! He is adorable.

We hope the rest of your trip goes well-we can't wait to meet Scott once you get settled in back home.

All our best-
Maggie & Brian Nolan

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. Glad to hear things are going well. The picture of Scott in the crib sucking his fingers just blessed my heart! Nathan did that too---well, until he got home and got used to a paci. Scott is just adorable. Hope all continues to go smoothly and that Scott does well on the flights.

Belinda